Updated: Apr 8, 2021
Makes a great on-the-go high protein breakfast or snack!
Makes 12 bites
- 1 cup egg whites
- 4 whole large eggs
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped*
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese or feta
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 375F - grease 12 sections of a muffin tin, set aside.
2. In a large bowl combine eggs, egg whites, salt and pepper. Whisk until uniform in color.
3. Fill each muffin tin about 3/4 of the way with the egg mixture. Top each with chopped broccoli and a sprinkle of cheese (divide what you have evenly into 12).
4. Bake in the oven until set and no longer jiggly in the middle (12-15min).
5. Let cool completely before removing from muffin tin. Store in airtight container, leftovers will last in the fridge for 4-5 days.
*can add ANY veggies you like... Spinach, mushrooms, peppers, or onions work well!
Nutrition per bite: 63 cal - 3g fat - 0g carb - 6g protein