Roasted Cauliflower Salad with Lemony Tahini Sauce (Taratour)
Updated: Apr 8, 2021
The recipe was adapted from a Budget Bytes recipe found here: https://www.budgetbytes.com/roasted-cauliflower-salad-lemon-tahini-dressing/
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 red onion, julienned
- 1 bunch parsley, rough chop
- 1, 15.5oz can chickpeas, drained
- 1-2 tsp cumin*
- 2-4 tsp garlic powder*
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
Dressing: Inspired by Taratour (a Labanese Tahini Sauce)
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 medium lemon*
- 2 cloves garlic*, finely diced
- pinch salt*
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne powder (if you like spice)
*can add more or less depending on flavor preference, taste and season as you go!
1. Preheat your oven to 425F and line your largest cookie sheet with tin foil.
2. Prep the Veg: Wash your produce. Cut cauliflower into bite-sized pieces, slice red onion, and rough chop parsley. Create a single layer of cauliflower and red onion on your cookie sheet (try not to have pieces overlapping - they will steam instead of roast!)
3. Drizzle 1 TBSP olive oil onto your veggies on the cookie sheet and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and 1-2 tsp garlic powder. Mix to evenly coat veggies.
4. Season Chickpeas: drain your chickpeas and add to a medium sized bowl with 1 TBSP olive oil, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp garlic powder and salt to taste. Toss to coat then add to your cookie sheet.
5. Roast: place cookie sheet in 425F oven and roast for 15 min - tossing half way through to ensure even browning.
6. Dressing: While your veggies are cooking make your dressing. Finely dice 2 cloves of garlic. Then add tahini, water, lemon juice, garlic, salt, cayanne, cumin to a bowl and wisk to until homogeneous (the mixture will break but keep stirring and it will come back together!)
7. Remove your veggies from the oven and let cool 5-10 minutes.
8. Assemble: when the veggies are warm but not HOT add them to your biggest bowl along with your chopped parsley and your dressing (save a little for drizzling on top). Stir to combine and serve right away.
9. Store in airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Big thanks to my friend, Joe Jaoude for educating me on the tahini sauce. Traditionally, it also pairs well with fish dishes but really can be drizzled on any veggie or protein!